Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Adventures in Pradaland



I had a very interesting and humorous experience with a vintage purse this week. I'm always shopping around for great bags I can add to my store inventory or even just use myself or give to my daughter. So at one of my shopping trips I came across a patchwork purse that had a big “Prada” tag right on the front of it. So even though I know really only know something about vintage purses (say 1970s or older) of course I couldn't resist picking it up. I found it hard to believe that anyone would donate a Prada to a resale shop, so I didn't want to do anything with it without trying to get some other opinions on it. So I decided to join a designer purse forum, post some pictures, and see what the “experts” have to say. So basically they roundly excoriated me for picking up such a shoddy fake. Oh well, I prefer to stick with the older vintage anyway. I noticed later that the Prada label was even put on crooked....funny.

3 comments:

  1. So, you know, then, that you cannot resell this. It's totally illegal to sell counterfeit items, even with your honest disclaimer that it's a fake. You can resell it if you remove (and get rid of) the fake Prada label.

    ReplyDelete