Monday, September 7, 2009

The Love of Vintage

"People associate me with a time when movies were pleasant, when women wore pretty dresses in films, and you heard beautiful music"


Audrey Hepburn

I think that's what I love about vintage clothes. Each piece of clothing has a story, usually not known to us now. But it's fun to slip into an elegant dress once in a while, or find a matching hat for your special outfit. I have always kept some vintage pieces in my wardrobe. I have a double strand crystal necklace that I pull out for special occasions. I have worn my grandmother's rayon 1940s swing dress for New Year's and my mother's 1960's green velvet dress for Christmas.

I am most inspired by my daughter, who loves vintage clothes and hats and makes everything look fresh and elegant.

Thanks for looking at my site, at audreysclosetvintage.etsy.com. I also will be posting pictures of the vintage inspirations behind the clothes available in my etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment